McCarthy Counseling Associates & the Center for Psychophysiological Assessment and Treatment provides the greater Myrtle Beach area with traditional, quality-oriented mental health services including;
- Short and long term counseling services for mental health issues. Individual, Couple, Group, and Family counceling.
- Relationship problems counseling involving Parent-Child Conflict, Family Disagreements, Intimacy Issues, etc.
- Addiction assessment and treatment services for Alcohol and Drugs as well as Gambling, Sexual Addiction, and Other Addictive Disorders.
- Comprehensive educational evaluation and remediation for Attention-Deficit\ Hyperactivity Disorder, Asperger's, Autism, Learning Disabilities, Pervasive Developmental Disorders, Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome, etc.
- Forensic evaluation and treatment in Custody, Criminal, Disability, Workmen's Compensation, and Head-injury cases, with Attorney Consultation available worldwide via the Internet.
- Online Counseling at-a-distance, qEEG artifacting and analysis, biofeedback, neurofeedback, and forensic consultation is available worldwide via the Internet. In-home qEEG, biofeedback and neurofeedback evaluation and treatment programs are also available for non-ambulatory patients or special circumstances on a local and regional level.
We also specialize in qEEG, swLORETA, biofeedback, neurofeedback (Including LENS), computerized cognitive training, cranial electrical stimulation, audio-visual entrainment, and advanced Clinical Supervision. Our office is equipped with the latest FDA-registered digital equipment and computer software for completing comprehensive psychophysiological profiling and brain mapping (Using FDA-rtegistered Neuroguide software). MCA distributes Alpha-Stim, Thought Technology, Heart Math products and is a Regional distributor for Mind Alive, Inc.
MCA was fully accredited by the American Association of Integrative Medicine (AAIM) Accreditation Commission in recognition of providing quality integrative healthcare; and, all members of the Clinical Staff are Board Certified in their respective academic discipline.
Dr. Robert McCarthy, Executive Clinical Director, is an internationally-known authority in integrative medicine who served for many years on the National Executive Advisory Board of the American Association of Integrative Medicine (AAIM), American Psychotherapy Association (APA) and continues to serve on the National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists (NBCCH) and American Board for Certification in Clinical Education and Training (ABCCET). He also previously served as an Accreditation Commissioner for AAIM, and is the author of Integrative Medicine: Setting-Up-A-State-of-the-Art Practice program published by the Biofeedback Federation of Europe (BFE) that is now distributed worldwide.
In addition, Dr. McCarthy was honored with a plaque by the American Association of Integrative Medicine (AAIM) for being a Featured Lecturer at their Executive Summit in Santa Barbara, California (August 2015), and that same year served as a Consultant to the Chicago Cubs organization. He remains a Consultant to the Myrtle Beach Police Department and various medical and law practices throughout the greater Myrtle Beach area; and, several years ago, became the first clinician in the country to receive Board Certification in Pediatric Integrative Medicine previously granted by the American Association of Integrative Medicine (AAIM).